For emergencies, dial 911.
To reach the Fire Department for non-emergencies, call 585-237-2050.
Now at more than 100 years old, the department has been under the direction of fifty-five chiefs and has answered over 7,000 fire calls.
From the beginning, the Perry Fire Department has responded to serious barn, business and house fires as well as automobile accident calls.
Interested in history? The department has also captured a bit of its history, and shared it online.
Fire, Safety & Prevention Links
- Apartment Safety
- Booster Seats and Car Seats
- Basic CPR Information
- Fire Safety
- Fire Prevention Information
In the Community
For decades, the Perry Fire Department has been a steady and strong community support. From providing first aid equipment, holding annual Halloween parties, sponsoring carnivals, to fundraising and developing permanent facilities at the Village Park to establish the Firemens' Building and grounds—no challenge seems too stop them.
These volunteers are essential, and greatly appreciated by all. They give so generously—in the face of dangerous conditions, and in the time they spend in training and preparation.
If you are interested in volunteering with the Fire Department, as a Firefighter or otherwise, call the department on their non-emergency line at 585-237-2050.
Leadership and Officers
- Stephen Laraby, Chief Engineer
- Lawrence Hopper, Jr., 1st Assistant Chief
- Frederick Eickhoff, 2nd Assistant Chief
- David Laraby, Senior Captain
- Paul Hinsken, Junior Captain
- Michael Fraser, Lieutenant
- Richard Gayhart, Kevin Hough, Dakota Spink, and Todd Thomson, Wardens
- Michael Aaron, President
- Steve Rice, Vice President
- Robert Poydock, Secretary
- Todd Thomson, Treasurer