Curbside Leaf Bags and Brush Pick-Up
June 26, 2018
In order to keep our neighborhoods clean and to increase work efficiency at our Department of Public Works, the Village of Perry is reminding residents that leaf bags and brush pick up will occur only on the first week of each month through October.
Here are a few specific instructions for bags and brush pick up:
- Bags and brush should be placed out near the curb the weekend before the first week of the month (i.e. June 30th for the first week of July). Owners putting bags and brush out during others weeks will receive a warning notice, asked to remove the bags and brush, and could be open to citation.
- Please do not pile bags and brush next to trees, poles, hydrants, or any other fixed obstacles. Brush piles should not be over 5 feet long.
- The Village is not responsible for picking up whole trees or trees that were cut down by contractors.
- Bagged leaves must be in brown biodegradable bags. Leaves that are in plastic bags will not be picked up. Bags loaded with dirt and soil will not be picked up.
- Bulk leaves will not be picked up until this fall.
- Please do not rake leaves, stones, or grass clippings into the street or catch basins.
Please call Village Hall at (585) 237-2216 for any questions or concerns.