November 15, 2022
Full-Time Job Opportunity - Department of Public Works
The Village of Perry is seeking applications for a Full-Time, Motor Equipment Operator. The duties of this position include:
- Performs a variety of manual tasks such as pouring concrete, road patching, cleaning culverts, tree cutting, snow removal and other tasks involved in maintaining the village infrastructure;
- Operates single axle trucks in connection with highway maintenance or other public works projects;
- Operator four-wheel drive snowplow truck or other type truck mounted snow removal equipment;
- Operation of equipment including rollers, tractors, bucket loaders, sweepers, pavement strippers, bulldozer, excavator, grader, and other types of heavy automotive equipment
- Performs manual work assigned within the department when not engaged in equipment operation.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Good knowledge of the operation and maintenance of a variety of automotive and construction equipment
- Good knowledge of the repair and maintenance of highways
- Ability to operate a variety of automotive and construction equipment
Minimum qualifications include:
- One year experience in the operation of construction or maintenance equipment.
- Possession of a valid New York State driver’s license, CDL Class B license preferred.
SALARY: Starting rate is $20.03 per hour with an increase to $21.29 after successful completion of six continuous months
BENEFITS: Health, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off, NYS Retirement
SCHEDULE: 40 hours per week Monday through Friday, 7:00AM-3:30PM
Applications are due by 5:00pm on Wednesday, November 30, 2022 and are available at the Village Clerk’s Office, 46 North Main Street, Perry, NY 14530 or by clicking here. Please submit an application, cover letter and resume to Samantha Marcy at 46 North Main Street Perry, NY 14530 or email@example.com.
The Village of Perry is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
« Perry News