May 10, 2022
Request for Proposal - Independent Audit Services
The Village of Perry is soliciting proposals from independent Certified Public Accountants licensed to practice in the State of New York, to provide independent audit services for two fiscal periods for the fiscal year ending May 31, 2022, and the fiscal year ending May 31, 2023.
It is the intent of the Village to purchase professional auditing services through a process of:
- an evaluation and comparison of past performance, appropriate references, prior experience in other municipalities and counties and expertise related to the Village’s specifications;
- audit approach details as to extent of analytical procedures, statistical sampling, compliance testing, etc.; and
- the identification of available professional services that may or may not have been used by the Village previously;
Specifications pertaining to the scope of the Village’s audit are listed below, as well as the criteria that will be used in evaluating the qualifications of firms submitting proposals.
The audit must be in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards, the standards for financial and compliance audits contained in the Government Auditing Standards, issued by the U.S. General Accounting Office (GAO); the provisions of the Federal Single Audit Act of 1984, the Single Audit Act Amendments of 1996 and U.S. Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circular A-133, Audits of State, Local Governments, and Non-Profit Organizations.
Description of the Village and Records to be Audited
The Village of Perry operates under the Mayor/Board of Trustees form of government. The Village’s population is currently 3,536 and the Village’s budget generally runs between $4 million and $5 million.
The accounting system is built around Williamson Law Book. The annual audit shall encompass all funds of the Village of Perry, New York, controlled by the accounting system.
The Village issues approximately 2,000 vendor checks annually. Payroll is processed in-house on a bi-weekly basis for about 40 employees. The Village Clerks office receives a majority the revenues directly.
Assistance Available to Auditor
Samantha Pierce, Village Administrator, will be the auditor’s principal contact and will coordinate the assistance to be provided by the Village to the auditor. The Village will provide adequate work area for the auditing staff. Clerical assistance will be provided in supplying reports and documents deemed necessary for the audit upon request of the auditor.
The Selection Process
The Mayor and Board of Trustees will have final approval and award the contract.
Information to be Submitted with Proposals
I. Qualifications of the Firm
At a minimum, the statement of qualifications should address the following subjects and questions.
Size of the firm. Size of the local office to be involved in the audit, specifically what are the components of the office; i.e. how many professionals are consultants, auditors, and tax personnel, and how many of each are partners, managers, seniors and staff.
What is the extent of experience of your local office personnel in auditing governmental entities, auditing municipal enterprise funds, performing “single audits.” Key personnel for the engagement should be identified and backgrounds and qualifications of personnel included. Be specific in your identification of clients served and services provided.
Briefly describe your firm’s quality control policies and procedures.
II. Scope of Services:
- Annual financial statements and audit. Preparation of notes to the financial statements and supplemental information, audit and expression of an opinion of the Village’s basic financial statements.
- Single audit and grant compliance audit as required. Report on the audit of Federal Financial Assistance Programs compliance as required by the Single Audit Act of 1984 and the Single Audit Act Amendments of 1996.
- Annual report of comments and recommendations to management. The auditor should observe the adequacy of internal controls and efficiency. A separate letter disclosing recommendations to improve the effectiveness of operations to be provided to the Board of Trustees.
- Provision of necessary consultation and advice throughout the year.
- Include any other service the firm feels necessary to comply with Federal, State, or accounting standards.
Clearly describe your firm’s work plan to conducting the examination.
A time schedule should be included indicating key dates affecting the audit. Approximately how many weeks will be needed to close the Village’s books. Certain preliminary fieldwork may be conducted prior to that time. Auditors will hold entrance conferences, make progress reports, and exit conference with key personnel. The final audit reports, financial statements and management letter must be completed and submitted to the Village Clerk’s office within thirty (30) days after the audit concludes. The auditors will deliver ten (10) copies of the report.
Fee and payment terms for 2022 and 2023:
The fee shall include audit work, preparation of the annual report, all typing, printing, and binding (10 copies) and all related meetings with Village officials needed to prepare and submit the report. Single Audit fees should be stated separately.
The fee and payment terms for 2022 and 2023 shall be firm and binding offers. The Village will select and use one of the same auditors for both years quoted herein and may, at the conclusion of the two-year contract, renew said contract for an additional two-year term, providing both parties agree on terms and price of contract.
Contact Samantha Pierce, Village Administrator, at (585) 237-2216 for answers to any questions regarding this RFP.
Presentation of Proposals
Sealed proposals marked ‘Audit Proposal’ should be received by the Village Administrator on or before June 3, 2022 at 12:00 PM at the following address
Samantha Pierce, Village Administrator
Village of Perry
46 N. Main Street
Perry, NY 14530
The Village of Perry reserves the right to reject any and all proposals submitted and to request additional information. Furthermore, the professional accounting services selected will be from the firm which in the opinion of the Village, is the best qualified bid.
« Perry News